Sunday, November 16, 2014

AEDM Day Sixteen

So, this week our Sketchbook Skool teacher is one of my all time favorite artists. I discovered Andrea Joseph's blog a several years ago and have been enthralled with her art ever since. I couldn't wait for this week to start so I could watch her videos over and over. Having done that throughout this weekend, I'm now making art using Andrea's style. I'm kinda thrilled about how my first piece turned out. I can't believe one can achieve such cool art using only a blue ballpoint pen. But then, that's the point that Ms. Joseph is trying to make. You don't need the latest pen or even a fancy sketchbook. All you need is a free pen you get from any business that asks you to sign something and some plain paper.

Those letters are so blurry without GLASSES!!!
Just for you who would wonder what pen I used for this drawing... I used a Pentel R.S.V.P. medium nib dark blue pen. Oh, and my watercolor Moleskine of course. ;o) The cool thing is I have a huge collection of gel-type pens and ballpoint pens in all different colors. They're cheap (usually) and I thought they'd be fun to draw with. Then I discovered my love of black archival ink like in the Micron and the colored pens got relegated to the back of the art shelf. Well, now I have an excuse to get them out. I now know I can make cool art with just a lowly ballpoint, who knew? (sending this into AEDM)

I'll be back tomorrow with something else done with a ballpoint! Toodaloo.
Best,




If you're looking for this week's APR just click here.
I'm reading: AEDM Day SixteenTweet this Post

6 comments:

  1. What lovely results you have got in Andrea's style. Well done.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those blurry letters, if it comes to drawing I also use mostly black ink, but the ballpoint must be always blue :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this sketch! How clever. Sometimes I'm in a quandary as to what to draw. This is so original.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is done beautifully! The way the letters and numbers transition from blurry to sharp are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic. I love the quirkiness of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a favorite Micron pen, but I love what you did with the "lowly" ball point. My problem is, I press too hard and the ball point leaves hard lines. You don't seem to have that problem. I really LOVE this painting. It is so clever.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I've sure missed hearing from you!

Amazon

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^ Scroll to Top