Saturday, November 15, 2014

AEDM Day Fifteen

I found some photographs of old rusty scissors and they so reminded me of the scissors that my mom used to have for sewing. It was under pain of death that anyone dared touch the sewing scissors. Now that I'm older I know that cutting paper with sewing scissors that are used to cut expensive fabric is the best way to ruin a good dress pattern but back then I just thought they were great, sharp scissors, unlike the household scissors that wouldn't cut butter.
Rusty Scissors
This is entered into Art Everyday Month on Leah's blog. Thank you to her for running this wonderful get together every year. It's a great way to keep you skills sharp. Ahh, what an awful pun when I'm doing scissor art. ;o)

We're half way through the month and I'm right on track. My watercolor Moleskine has about seventeen pages left so I should finish it on November 30. YAY!! I have a new Moleskine Sketchbook on it's way to me so I can do Brenda Swenson's Seventy-Five day sketch out. Yep, that's one way to make a habit, just don't stop creating. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Best,




If you're looking for this week's APR just click here.
I'm reading: AEDM Day FifteenTweet this Post

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post…I can relate to it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have about twenty scissors and NONE of them cut butter. However, I have one good one that cuts fabric. You know where MY priorities lie.

    Great story and lovely, lovely art. I missed you and came looking.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I've sure missed hearing from you!

Amazon

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^ Scroll to Top