Tuesday, September 14, 2010

It's Been So Long...

Gosh, I can't believe it's been more than a week since I posted anything. This is the longest I've gone on a post hiatus. I apologize for disappearing. I really have to get my sh*t together. lol. You know when you feel like you have too darn many balls in the air and you just don't know which one to pluck out of the plethora and finish it? Ya, like that. So...

First, I have definitely decided to rebind my Moleskine for the Sketchbook Project 2011. I just cannot work with the thin paper that it comes with. I've done some research on how to bind a book and I've found a few great resources. The first resource, Moleskine Reloaded, shows me how to make sections and bind them together. The 140 lb paper is so thick that I'm thinking each folded sheet will be it's own "signature" (a signature is a section of a book). Then I found this great video on youtube that teaches how to make a hard cover for a book. I think I'm going to find a way to use the cover that comes with the moleskine sketchbook and add 30'ish pages plus a spine to make up my own sketchbook that still has the same dimensions of the original sketchbook.


This week I've been thinking about how we all have hopes and dreams. These thoughts obviously influenced what I put down on paper, lol. I did a zentangle about wishing and also a fun little note card. I'm also in the middle of a sunflower, it needs a background and the seed head finished. Depicting the seeds are what have me stumped so far. We'll see how it turns out.







Anyway, sorry about the absence, I'm back on the job now! :o) See you all soon!


I'm reading: It's Been So Long...Tweet this Post
blog comments powered by Disqus

Amazon

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^ Scroll to Top