Thursday, July 20, 2017

I ♥ Art Supplies

This week has turned out to be a banner week so far. In fact, it makes me think Friday and Saturday may be gold encrusted if my luck holds. The first thing that came down the pike was Sketchbook Skool contacted me and offered me a free course. YAY! I assume many others were also offered to participate for free but the best thing about it, aside from it being FREE, it gets my behind into gear as it starts at the end of July.

I've been so darn reticent in actually doing and finishing art. It's not like me to start something and not finish it but I have several journal pages covered in pencil sketches that are begging for paint. And then on top of that I have a bunch of ideas that I want to do. I've just been so scatter brained lately, it seems the day gets away from me. Before I know it, it's midnight.

I decided the first thing I could do to make art easier was to get organized. So I went out with a 50% off coupon and bought an organizer cart. It works perfectly. I've wanted one for ages as my art supplies are all over the house. Now they're all in one place and I'll not ever think... "where the heck is the Burnt Sienna paint?" It's even turquoise and matches the couch it sits beside.

So, the second thing to surprise me and fill me with joy is that Charlie O'Shields from Doodlewash and the creator of World Watercolor Month asked me to be a guest artist. Ok, that's flattering! I'll be doing a few new pieces to go into the guest artist post so Charlie some time to work out all the kinks. Finally, I also won a prize with WWM. So, Winsor & Newton will be sending me a "A Complete Watercolorist Set". I'm guessing that the Universe is trying desperately get me to PAINT Damnit!!


As you all know, I  love painting my art supplies. I'll be adding this to Paint Party Friday and #WorldWatercolorMonth. Come on over and join us!
Best,

I'm reading: I ♥ Art SuppliesTweet this Post

16 comments:

  1. Congrats on your wins. Enjoy the lovely roll-container, have fun, happy PPF, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...paint...this is wonderful...and a quest artist...go you....what next? You are on a roll...visiting from ppf...xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what wonderful things to happen for you Jenn!! It makes me so happy because your art is just amazing and you SO deserve to get more accolades. Love that new cart, and the color. And I LOVE your painting of art supplies. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on winning the Sketch Book Skool classes. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it. Your art supplies sketch could qualify you to teach the course, Im thinking. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I love your cart and the colour. And winning a watercolor set is amazing! Lucky you :) I love your supply sketch, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your painting of art supplies! Wow, what an awesome week you had! Congratulations on the honors and goodies! I love your work and think you are so talented, so I'm not really all that surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love such a great drawing, very pretty !!!
    Happy weekend
    Elke

    ReplyDelete
  8. That art organizer cart is awesome! I have no place to store my supplies so they are under the bed in the guest/sewing room! If I would finish some quilting projects and organize my photographs and store them elsewhere, I could actually maybe put a cart like that in my guest/sewing room closet. Looks so handy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A bumper week!! I love that turquoise art cart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well let me state here and now I sadly haven't won anything this week and Sketchbook Skool haven't contacted me, but there again I'm now thinking that they may have but I did a ruthless delete session in my inbox!
    Congrats on all your lovely surprises and organisation. I think the universe may well be in cahoots to keep you painting...just look at that painting of your art supplies...Fantastic!
    Happy PPF to you :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Congrats on your wins! Love your new cart, too. Your painting is gorgeous - you have great watercolor sketching skills. Hope you have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love art supplies too! And organizers. The cart is attractive... makes me want to dig in and play!
    Leeanna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I am so happy for you!! You have been very generous lately, I'm sure the universe wants to pay you back ten fold!! I bet Sketch skool wants you to teach a class down the road...at least I would expect them to!! You're so talented you should have any art supplies you want!! I love my cart...it started out that neat but is full to the brim now!! Did you get it at 50 percent off at ikea?...I will be on the hunt for another if that's the case!! Love mine so much!! Great and happy post filled will all your fabulousness!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! All of this is exciting news. I am so happy for your.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh... that's so exciting!!! And you got a sketchbook skool course free? Well I didn't, so you are one of maybe a few lucky ones then! I LOVE Danny Gregory, so I hope you blog about the course! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I've sure missed hearing from you!

Amazon

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^ Scroll to Top