Sunday, November 2, 2014

AEDM Day Two

So far, so good! Second day of AEDM (Art EveryDay Month at Leah's blog, Creative Everyday). I've find myself so inspired by our latest teacher in SBS, Brenda Swenson. I'm really actually loving the process of "Seeing" what's in front of me and putting pen to paper and doing a quick contour drawing. My enjoyment of this week's contouring is so much different than last week's portrait contour drawing experience. I guess it makes a difference what you're drawing. I love doing portraits in pencil, that's probably why I hated the pen part of last week's homework. You're not allowed to use a pencil and also you don't take the pen off the page until you're done. Hard, I know.

I'm surprised I have so many ideas popping out of my head. I've actually had to catalogue them or I'll forget my good ideas! This time I decided to use a photograph that I had taken last year of orchids. My aunt had purchased us a moth orchid plant and I took photos before we killed the beautiful plant. Mom and I are notorious plant killers. There are wanted posters of us up in Plantworks, lol. ;o)

Double Phalaenopsis (moth) Orchids
Anyway, I love how this turned out, and unlike yesterday's piece of art, the contour drawing actually shows. I used a Tombow water soluble pen. Brenda also uses one for her contour drawings, she just uses a different color. She uses burnt Sienna #947. I used black and I then added water to the lines where I wanted to brush out shadows. I also put a half an inch black line around the flowers using that water soluble pen and finished the black using a permanent black pen (Pentel Pocket Brush Pen).

Oh, all the art I'm doing for AEDM will be going into my large Watercolor Moleskine (8.5"x5", landscape) because I have about thirty-two pages left to fill, so by the end of this daily art, I'll have my FIRST complete sketchbook!!! Holy COW, I can't wait until I can say that.

Talk soon.. Ok, tomorrow, since you twisted my rubber arm!
Best,




If you're looking for this week's APR just click here.
I'm reading: AEDM Day TwoTweet this Post

1 comment:

  1. Love your piece. Can't wait to see what else you come up with for AEDM poss. It really stretches us beyond our usual creativity! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I've sure missed hearing from you!

Amazon

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^ Scroll to Top