Tuesday, November 25, 2014

AEDM Day Twenty-Six

(Click to Enlarge)
I painted my teacup. I have to admit, I wasn't sure I could pull it off. Doing the detailed pattern study yesterday made me realize just how fiddly teacups are and I knew that the pattern on the actual teacup I'd be drawing was much smaller than the larger version I did yesterday. But, I did it. I'm happy with how it turned out. I don't think it has my style to it, i'm not a fiddly teacup kinda girl. You'd have to be a specific kind of detail person to love doing this. I can guarantee Liz Steel, our teacher from SBS is just that sort. She's an architect by trade so she sees beautiful detail in everything. I'm glad I did it though. I learned that I can. that's a good thing to learn. I'm glad I don't own any teacups that I'd want to paint though, lol.

(Both pages with teacup pattern study and actual teacup.)
Talk to you tomorrow, I'm darn sure there'll be more art. November's not over yet. (Entering this into AEDM.)
Best,




If you're looking for this week's APR just click here.
I'm reading: AEDM Day Twenty-SixTweet this Post

2 comments:

  1. I never doubted for a minute that you wouldn't create perfection... and you did. It's so beautifully delicate. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out super. I knew you could do it. It looks amazing, and I really like how it turned out. You made it even more beautiful than the original.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I've sure missed hearing from you!

Amazon

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^ Scroll to Top