Monday, November 24, 2014

AEDM Day Twenty-Five

So this week with Liz Steel, we're learning pattern dimensions and repetition in both teacups and buildings. As I mentioned yesterday, I have no teacups. But I went online and looked up the Royal Albert pattern I used to have. It was called Jubilee Rose. That's the actual teacup on the left there. I'll be drawing that up sometime tomorrow, probably. Today, I decided to practice the main pattern that's on the front of the teacup. Strangely, I realized why I probably loved this pattern better than all the rest. It really has very little symmetry or repetitive pattern. On the plate, the three floral patterns are totally different. The colors are even different. The only discernible pattern is the six curlicues around each third of the plate. I probably unconsciously liked that about this pattern. It's kinda random and I tend to like colorful, random stuff. So, here's the pattern I worked out. Now all I have to do is learn how to make it smaller. Sheesh, it's already fiddly enough! Oh well, it's just one drawing and I'll have it done up for posterity. 

I'm entering this into AEDM
One last thing, my friend Dion Dior has just launched a new business selling her art printed on objects that you can purchase (like for Christmas gifts!) at her Society 6 shop. She's also doing a very lovely giveaway of a tote with one of her art patterns printed on it. Go here to enter! Congratulations Dion, I wish you incredible success.

Best,




If you're looking for this week's APR just click here.
I'm reading: AEDM Day Twenty-FiveTweet this Post

4 comments:

  1. Jenn this is superb, the teacup is gorgeous. It always fascinates me when the details are revealed when we really look at the subject with an artists eye.
    Your delicate paintwork is incredible.
    Have fun xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from AEDM...your painting from the teacup is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this is really lovely, and I can see why you would like the random pattern on the cup. It will be beautiful when you finish it. In a smaller version, of course (grin).

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I've sure missed hearing from you!

Amazon

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^ Scroll to Top