Thursday, July 17, 2014

Book Review: "Killer Ambition" by Marcia Clark

Well obviously I'm enjoying author Marcia Clark's books. "Killer Ambition" is the third mystery of the series. I've already reviewed "Guilt By Association", "Guilt By Degrees" and "The Competition" so if you want to read the books in order you can read those reviews too. I know in previous reviews I've said it before but just in case you've forgotten, Marcia Clark is one spectacular author. I was surprised to find that the former prosecutor of O.J. Simpson could be such an amazing mystery writer. 

This book opens with the kidnapping of Haley, the sixteen year old daughter of the famous billionaire Hollywood director Russell Antonovich. Our assistant District Attorney for Special Trials, Rachel Knight, catches the explosive case and just might live to regret it. The prosecution of the suspect will be a media sensation and might endanger Rachel's career. She and LAPD Detective Bailey Keller must race the clock to find out just what happened to Haley before the media machine chews Rachel up and spits her out.

Politics and the Hollywood elite ratchets up the stakes for Rachel. If she wins her case her boss will lose some huge influential and moneyed contributors, if she loses she'll be mocked for taking this case to trial at all. The media already are yelling that she's prosecuting just to make her career and all she wants to do is find out the truth. Who hurt Haley?
Once again Marcia Clark brings us a fast pace thrill of a mystery. There are so many people to talk to and information to collect that I found myself wishing it was a little more straight forward. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great read. Definitely a four out of five, just not as perfect as her previous mystery. Clark stays on my short list of go-to authors though. If you want a mystery that keeps you guessing until the end you've found a winner.
Best,




If you're looking for this week's APR just click here.
I'm reading: Book Review: "Killer Ambition" by Marcia ClarkTweet this Post

0 Comments / Click to Comment:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I've sure missed hearing from you!

Amazon

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^ Scroll to Top