Thursday, August 26, 2010

...And We're Back.

So I've been busy making new art since mom went back to work. Don't get me wrong, it was wonderful having her home for the three weeks she had off. But I felt the schedule of time should be hers, whatever I would have been doing went on the back burner. This explains the semi desert of posts in the last couple of weeks.

We spent most of her time off overhauling our apartment. We're still waiting for the new couch and chair to arrive in the next month. I'm waiting until then to post Before & After pictures of all the cool changes that we accomplished on her holiday.

Here's what I've been up to in the past few days...

Artwork: combination zentangle pen & ink, watercolor
Name: Water Jug
Size: 6"x9"

I love how this one turned out! I was surprised to find out that I could capture still life so well. I guess I have to stop limiting my ideas on what I may be able to do. This little jug is sitting on our newly painted and beefed up (with molding) shelves. I think I'll have to get some flowers and try to paint the whole picture.

I then did a fun piece. I just let my imagination and whimsy play around on a 5"x7" piece of watercolor paper. I love how the daisy zentangles look like they're on a separate piece of paper with cutouts allowing the surrounding zentangles show through from beneath.

Artwork: zentangle pen & ink, watercolor pencils
Name: Yellow Daisies
Size: 5"x7"

Finally, I matted an older painting that I don't think I've shown before. I didn't like it until I saw it matted. Last week I ordered matting for all my artwork. I was so startled by the change matting had to some of my paintings. This was the most dramatic. One of my first abstracts, I hated it previously. Now it's one of my favorites! Who knew? ;o)

Artwork: watercolor
Name: Abstract B
Size: 9"x12"

Anywoo, I am about to finish another combination pen & ink/watercolor zentangle piece. I'll be able to post it soon. I was totally surprised how it turned out. I'll talk to you all soon.

I'm reading: ...And We're Back.Tweet this Post
blog comments powered by Disqus

Amazon

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^ Scroll to Top