Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I Saw It Flutter By...

It's Tuesday and therefore Mosaic day with Artmind. This week I am so effected by the color and delicacy of butterflies. I've been collecting pictures and painting them for the past few days. They just turn out so well when painted. They're so dramatic and... well, colorful!


I made some new bookmarks. I told you I would. They're addicting because they go faster than full paintings so one gets that instant gratification. I'm all for instant gratification, patience is a constant work in progress for me. :o)  Since I did the owl painting I've been yearning to do other animals so that's what I'm thinking of tackling next. The problem is that I have, like, 25 pictures OPEN on my desktop. No, not just icons but open, one overtop of the other. Because I want to paint them so much and my "to be painted" folder has WAY too many pictures in it... something like 200. Gaaaaaa! I'm drowning in my own anxiousness to paint EVERYTHING. There are not enough hours in the day, I'm sleeping less and less each night. I'm down to an average of 5-6 hours. I'm crazy! I want to paint and blog all the time, I can hardly control myself. Other stuff is hard to fit in... like eating. And going to the bathroom. Ok, you didn't have to know that. I just tend to ignore it until I have to do that little wiggle down the hall.

I gotta get a grip.

When I find some time I'm going to add beaded tassels to these lovely bookmarks. I'm going to put them on Etsy and you all can purchase them... then I'll make more!! At the moment I have enough paper to make more than 70. (I have enough beads too, since I collect hobbies and jewelry was last year, hehehe.) Books deserve bling. :o)  

That's all for now, I've got to go. Ummm, ya. Seriously. We'll talk later, K??

I'm reading: I Saw It Flutter By...Tweet this Post

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the butterflies to pop around here! The bookmarks are super & I do recognise the problem of wanting to do more then you're capable off... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your more than kind and generous offer, I'm so delighted and will be in touch soon.

    I love your drawings of the butterflies. I can remember seeing a tray of them when I was little. They were pinned and looked like they were about to turn to dust and I felt so sad. Quite unlike your drawings which are so vibrant and somehow alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The designs are simple yet elegant and executed beautifully. They are lovely.

    Yoshi (libertunity from Swapbot)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those butterflies are very pretty and I love your book marks.

    I understand wanting to do more than I'm able too. There is just not enough time in the day. And, unlike you I HAVE TO HAVE 8 hours to be able to function at work the next day.

    j3ss1ca (SB)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bubbly bookmark!
    your designs are great :)
    CDonovan (sb)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the bookmarks but really lvoe the one with the bubbles cuz i love dots!
    collagecafe04 from swapbot

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I've sure missed hearing from you!

Amazon

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^ Scroll to Top