Saturday, September 24, 2016

Book Review: "The Comfort Of Black" by Carter Wilson


"The Comfort Of Black" by Carter Wilson has already been published and is available for purchase. This title has won several awards including the following:

WINNER: 2016 Colorado Book Awards (Thriller)
WINNER: 2016 International Book Awards (Mystery/Suspense)
WINNER: 2016 National Indie Excellence Award(Suspense)      

FINALIST: 2016 RONE Award(Suspense Category)

Hannah has survived a brutal, violent childhood and she still has nightmares about Billy, her abusive father, who is now in jail. Hannah ended up raising her younger sister after Billy was incarcerated for almost killing her and her mother committed suicide. Hanna is a strong woman though, she didn't let her childhood stop her from building a successful life. She got an education, then met and married Dallin who has become very successful with his Internet security firm. But Hannah isn't sure she's happy, she drinks too much and misses her husband who seems to be more and more distant lately. He also seems to be hiding something.

All of Hannah's fears about Dallin coalesce when she hears him talking in his sleep. The things he mumbles that night, that he wants to hurt women, chills his wife. Hannah realizes she has to know what her husband might be hiding and that decision sets off a complicated set of circumstances that has Hannah running for her life. Finding out what is truth and who is lying about her life becomes Hannah's focus. Surviving her new reality will be even more difficult than surviving her abusive childhood.

I really liked this book but I didn't love it. I wanted to love it, I almost loved it but in the end I actually think that because I read excessively and have experienced some minor situations like in this book, I didn't find it as believable as I should have. I think most readers would agree with the award givers, this is an excellent read. Therefore although personally I'd rate it a 3.5 out of 5, I'll professionally giving it a 4. 

The characters are expertly written, the situations are heart pounding and the thriller leaves you breathless. The reader feels the main character's pain and confusion as she tries desperately to sort out what is happening to her life. When there seems no where to turn and no one to trust the reader feels caught in the quagmire that the author has so skillfully written. I really do think most readers will think this book is well worth their time. I recommend it and hope you will go out and purchase this well priced thriller.

Best,

I'm reading: Book Review: "The Comfort Of Black" by Carter WilsonTweet this Post

0 Comments / Click to Comment:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I've sure missed hearing from you!

Amazon

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^ Scroll to Top