Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Book Review: "Ghosts Of War" By Brad Taylor

"Ghosts Of War" By Brad Taylor will be published on June 28, 2016. I've read three previous books in this series featuring The Taskforce and the Pike Logan character and including this one, I've loved them all (Insider Threat, The Forgotten Soldier & No Fortunate Son). I especially love that I not only enjoy the intrigue and story but I LEARN stuff. I am so ridiculously ignorant of world events, political maneuverings and military stuff. (See I didn't even know what kind of stuff would be military so I could be specific.) I'm an artist and have always been terrible at both history and geography. I can hardly find myself on a map let alone another country. However, just by reading these spectacular mysteries (no boring storyline here) I get to, just by osmosis, learn how the world underneath all the "pretty" works.

These books are written by an actual  badass with real world experience in the military. Brad Taylor is a former Lieutenant Colonel who is a twenty-one year veteran of the U.S. Army Infantry and Special Forces. He also put in eight years with the 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment popularly known as Delta Force. I have found that as I read his books I look at what's happening on the world stage differently. In the last few books I've learned about international political infighting, ISIS and suicide bombers. In this book Taylor takes on Putin, Russian corruption and the fabled Nazi gold train from WWII.

Pike Logan and Jennifer Cahill own Grolier Recovery Services, a front company that the Taskforce (a top secret counterterrorist unit) uses to hide their clandestine movements across the world. But since the Taskforce may be disbanded because of recent unsavory outcomes Pike and Jen are left in limbo. Not knowing if they'll have a job with the Taskforce, they take a contract with their Israeli counterparts who work with the Mossad.

Israel wants to retrieve a priceless Torah that has been rumored to be on a Nazi gold train in Poland. The four operatives are sent to confirm and retrieve it. Little do they know that they will be stepping into the beginnings of World War three. With Putin wanting to increase his influence and power and a terrorist wreaking havoc on the world stage, a terrible attack on the United States pits NATO against Russia.

As I said above, Brad Taylor's books are spectacular. If you want a roller coaster ride that keeps you breathless along with a story that reflects real world happenings then don't miss reading "Ghosts Of War". Seriously, this was the best of the series so far and it was exhilarating to see how World War Three just might happen in the blink of an eye. Fantastic read.

Best,

I'm reading: Book Review: "Ghosts Of War" By Brad TaylorTweet this Post

0 Comments / Click to Comment:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I've sure missed hearing from you!

Amazon

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^ Scroll to Top