Saturday, May 14, 2016

Book Review: "Dead End Fix" by T. E. Woods

"Dead End Fix" by T. E. Woods will be published June 7, 2016. It is the sixth book in the Fixer series. The last book, "Fixed In Fear", left the reader awaiting this newest mystery with a great cliffhanger, now we finally get to find out what will happen.

I've voraciously enjoyed every one of the "Fixer" series and since the last book left us hanging, I've been chomping at the bit to read "Dead End Fix". I am slightly saddened to say that I was a little disappointed in this book. I'm so used to Woods' books being winners, a clear four to five star read that having this one be only a three star was a little bit of a let down. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed it as only a fan of an author can. Sometimes you get a duller read in the middle of a great series but it still pushes the story forward and as a fan you await the next thrilling read from that author. This was one of those books, it pushes the story forward but I didn't love it as much as usual.

The Fixer must find Detective Mort Grant's granddaughter who has been kidnapped by her sociopathic drug czar aunt. Allie Grant thinks she has a right to take her niece, it's her family after all and she's angry that the Grant family won't accept her into the fold. It matters not that she is a vicious murderer and international criminal who heads a drug cartel, Allie Grant wants what she wants and she wants it now. She'll hurt who she has to to get her due.

The Fixer is not going to let Allie hurt her family, someone has to stand up to this sociopath and say NO. It will be a colossal struggle to track down Allie, she has more money than she knows what to do with and underlings who will kill to protect their Czarina. 

As a reader I was already heavily invested in this series and wanted to see Allie Grant get her comeuppance. This is where I was a little disappointed.  I found the wrap up to this part of the storyline a little lackluster. For an author who has kept me on the edge of my seat, I expected a little more breathless moments than I received. There was a slight feeling of letdown when finally the Fixer confronted Allie about her crimes. Maybe I'm bloodthirsty but I would have stretched the moment out a little more and designed in more collateral damage. I felt like... "Oh, ok, well, that's over" instead of of the expected... "OMG, I can't believe that just happened!".

Although "Dead End Fix" was a slight disappointment, the story is certainly moved forward and therefore is a must read for anyone invested in this series. I look forward to the next Fixer mystery without some of the distractions inherent in this novel.

Best,

I'm reading: Book Review: "Dead End Fix" by T. E. WoodsTweet this Post

0 Comments / Click to Comment:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I've sure missed hearing from you!

Amazon

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^ Scroll to Top