Sunday, February 28, 2016

Book Review: "If I Run" by Terri Blackstock

"If I Run" by Terri Blackstock was published February 16, 2016 so it's available for immediate download. This was a really compelling read and I, without reservation, recommend it. It's a strong four out of five. The only reason it lost a star is the ending is a cliffhanger and I was left wanting more. Here's a short synopsis.

Casey Cox has a problem. She just found her best friend murdered in his foyer. Now she's on the run for her life and freedom. The police think she did it, her DNA is all over the crime scene. She tried to revive her friend to no avail and now it looks like she murdered him. When Dylan Roberts, a private investigator hired by the dead man's family is sent to track down Casey, he starts questioning all the evidence the police claim proves Casey's guilt. Dylan asks himself who's lying here and if he continues tracking the suspect, is he putting her life in danger from the real killer? Or is Casey the real killer?

"If I Run" is an excellent thriller that shows the reader just how smart one has to be to run from the law. The author pits Casey's smarts against Dylan's. Both characters are well fleshed out and it's exciting to see the play of one person's intelligence against another's. Terri Blackstock makes is crystal clear that to run successfully you have to think ten steps ahead. I loved trying to outthink Casey's pursuers and see if I could predict what Casey would do next to stay one step ahead. 

As I mentioned in the first paragraph, there's a cliffhanger at the end of this mystery. You're gonna want to read the next book by Terri Blackstock. Let's hope she writes fast as I want to know what's next for her excellently rendered characters.

Best,

I'm reading: Book Review: "If I Run" by Terri BlackstockTweet this Post

1 comment:

  1. Terri blackstock has long been a favorite of mine! Looking forward to this read.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I've sure missed hearing from you!

Amazon

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^ Scroll to Top