Thursday, January 28, 2016

Book Review: "Hail Storme" by W.L. Ripley

I've just finished reading W.L. Ripley's "Hail Storme", the first book in his Wyatt Storme series. What a great ride it was. I'm happy to say there are several more Wyatt Storme mysteries for me to sink my teeth into so I'll have many happy nights reading meaty books.

We meet the main character Wyatt Storme in the forests of Missouri where he's bow hunting. We're told he's a former professional football player and Vietnam vet. Storme just wants a calm week hunting and enjoying down time at his cabin. The problems start when he comes across a large marijuana field guarded by a vicious doberman and a man with a gun. Storme is forced to kill the dog and wound the gunman. When Storme reports the incident and the marijuana filet to the local sheriff he unknowingly begins a domino effect that will end in a bloody battle for his life.

"Hail Storme" was an incredibly complicated and totally enjoyable read. I was completely immersed and invested in Storme's character and had trouble putting it down at night to allow myself some sleep. It took me several nights to finish Ripley's novel because it was so wonderfully deep yet easy to read. I found myself really getting to know Wyatt Storme. The writer fleshes his character out so expertly that Storme felt real to me. I'm not surprised that many have compared Ripley's Wyatt Storme  to John D. MacDonald's Travis McGee, it's an apt comparison  This is a five star winner and I can't wait to read the next in the series.
Best, 

I'm reading: Book Review: "Hail Storme" by W.L. RipleyTweet this Post

1 comment:

  1. Just bought it on amazon. Thanks :) I loved Travis McGee so I was glad to see the comparison

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I've sure missed hearing from you!

Amazon

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^ Scroll to Top