Friday, November 20, 2015

ADEM - Day Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty & Twenty-One

I've been conspicuously absent from AEDM for... hmm, let me see, Day 15 was the last time I posted. For the last five or so days I've been hobbling around like the hunchback of Notre Dame. We McLean's have notoriously bad backs and once again, with no fault of my own, I pulled my back out. I didn't even twist, trip or move the wrong way. Sheesh! You'd think I'd have done a jig or participated in the triathlon with the amount of pain I've had these past days.

It took me four days to draw a spoon. That sounds really pathetic. But every time I went to put pencil to paper my back wouldn't co-operate. I got the idea to do a spoon from Nigel Roberts, he's participating in AEDM too. I visited his blog and learned about The Spoon Theory. I was mesmerized by Christine Miserandino’s explanation of what's it like to be ill. 
I understand how Christine feels. I don't have lupus but I do get how one who is ill has to "count her spoons". Her explanation is the first time I've had a cogent way of explaining what it's like to not have the physical resources one wishes they had. So, that's it for today. I'm slowly healing and I can't guarantee any art in any consistency but I'll keep trying. Until then, I hope you all have a day filled with paint.
Best,

I'm reading: ADEM - Day Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty & Twenty-OneTweet this Post

6 comments:

  1. I wondered what had happened to you, and now I'm glad to know you are still here, albeit not well. I know how hard it is to recover from these types of injuries, even though you have NO idea how it happened. Please take care of yourself, and do what is best for you: getting well again.

    BTW, I really admire that spoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is tough to not be able to do what you are 'normally' doing. I broke my foot badly early this year and couldn't do sh... for most part of the year. You really get to appreciate what you have (or had) and friends. Thankfully I knew it was only temporary. And so do you. You will heal. I hope it happens in a hurry :) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, I guess you're now officially a Spoonie :)

    Having injured my back when I was serving, I know how frustrating it is when it decides to stop working.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear of your ailment!! Back pain is terrible to contend with!! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jenn that sounds really debilitating...you poor thing.
    I hope you're feeling some relief soon.
    I'm intrigue with the spoon theory so will visit there next after I tell you your spoon drawing is fantastic. The shading, light and shadows are incredible.
    Take care and get well soon xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can definitely relate when it comes to bad backs. You have my sympathy, for sure. Great spoon sketch! I've heard of the spoon theory before. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I've sure missed hearing from you!

Amazon

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^ Scroll to Top