Thursday, September 3, 2015

Book Review: "Her Final Breath" by Robert Dugoni

"Her Final Breath" by Robert Dugoni will be published on September 15, 2015. I already read the first book in this series, "My Sister's Grave", just click over for that review.

I can honestly say that I liked "Her Final Breath" even more than I liked the first in the series, "My Sister's Grave". I had high hopes for Dugoni's second Tracy Crosswhite book and I'm thrilled to say the author upped his game and exceeded my expectations. Once again, I had trouble figuring out who done it which is so unusual for me and heightened the enjoyment factor of this book. I love when I really have to struggle to suss out the clues.

This time our main character, Tracy Crosswhite, a homicide detective for the Seattle PD, is hunting a serial killer. This prolific killer is dubbed The Cowboy for the way he hogties his victims before strangling them. Tracy doesn't want to let the victims down and she, along with her task force run down every lead, trying to find a thread that will take down this cruel murderer. 

Tracy is not only fighting to solve multiple murders but also fighting her boss. Johnny Nolasco isn't making Tracy's job easy. He is thwarting her every effort by covertly tipping off  a local reporter, offering rewards for information which inundates Tracy with thousands of ridiculous phone calls and even cuts her task force to a skeleton crew of police officers. Tracy's uphill battle to use her skills as a detective and come up with who The Cowboy is before he kills yet another pretty young woman will push her to consider quitting after she solves this case. 

The Tracy Crosswhite character is so well written that the reader feels like they're getting to know a friend as they read her harrowing journey to stop a killer. Rooting for the good guy is always a perfect place to be as a reader when an author writes a top notch character. I found myself hating Tracy's boss so much I would yell at the novel when Nolasco would thwart Tracy's efforts to do her job. I especially love books that make me feel emotions strongly. Dugoni not only wrote a five star novel here, with a mystery that keeps you guessing but he also bloomed a fantastic character in Tracy Crosswhite. I can't wait to read the next in this series! Finding Dugoni and the Tracy Crosswhite character, for me, is much like when I came across J.D. Robb's Eve Dallas, John D. McDonald's Travis McGee and Patricia Cornwell's Kay Scarpetta. Now I'm thoroughly addicted and it's all your fault, Mr. Dugoni. So please write fast so I can enjoy another book in this series.

Best,

I'm reading: Book Review: "Her Final Breath" by Robert DugoniTweet this Post

0 Comments / Click to Comment:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I've sure missed hearing from you!

Amazon

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^ Scroll to Top