Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Book Review: "12" by Sean Platt & David Wright

"12" by Sean Platt & David Wright has already been published (May 12, 2015) so it's already available for download onto your reader. This is a fantastic read, a rare five out of five star thriller.

The question asked in this book is, "What Would You Do With the Last 12 Hours of Your Life?". The reader is moved back in time to twelve hours before an horrific massacre takes place in Goldman's Diner. We meet twelve people who soon will all be at the diner when a gunman enters, intent on killing all who thwart him. Who are all these unlucky people and how will their lives be affected by such violence? Who will live, who will die? That's the premise of this exciting and intense thriller.

When I first read the synopsis for this book I was unsure any writer could pull off the colossal feat of making me care enough about twelve people that when the shooting happened, I would really hurt for them. Because this book had already been published, I could see that everyone who had read it absolutely loved it. They were right, Platt and Wright have written an amazingly well wrought thriller. I found it easy read and the characters were so well written that I, in fact, did truly care about which of them would be wounded or killed. Platt & Wright fleshed out each and every one of the twelve characters but beyond that, I found reading each character's internal dialogue forced me to think about how I think and talk to myself. I love when books make me think about my own behavior.

This thriller illuminated how drastically bullying can change the victims, how easy it is to misstep raising a child, how difficult it is to change one's life, how your own selfishness can affect your loved ones and how so many people dream but don't make plans to make their dreams come true. Beyond being a great mystery, a "who will do it", this thriller is also a book to make you think about your own behavior, how everything one does affects one's future, for better or for worse.

As I said in the beginning, this is a five out of five mystery/thriller. Because it's already available and it's such an easy read, I recommend downloading a Kindle version US/CAN/UK this weekend. Brew a great pot of coffee, get out the chocolate cookies and indulge in a heart racing book with real heart. What a rare treat that'll be.

Best,

I'm reading: Book Review: "12" by Sean Platt & David WrightTweet this Post

0 Comments / Click to Comment:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I've sure missed hearing from you!

Amazon

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^ Scroll to Top