Sunday, July 19, 2015

Who, Who!!

Non Sequitur Cartoon
A while ago we were "thinning the herd" at home. This cleaning out process happens at least every year, usually every six months. It always feels good to go through all your stuff and determine what you're still using and what can just be junked. I don't believe in keeping unused stuff around. I think it just clutters up your mind and your life. For me, it also leads to guilt and I don't need more guilt in my life, lol. If I re-home something or recycle or just chuck out something that I shouldn't have purchased in the first place I feel much lighter. I love that feeling so it spurs me on to "thin the herd" every six months.
Salt & Pepper Owls
Don't get me wrong, I still have stuff I've kept forever. These owls are one such thing. We had these cuties throughout my childhood, in fact, I don't remember a Christmas when I was young where they weren't on the table. They always brought a smile to my face and it reminds me of happy times with my mom when I see them. They're made out of pottery and I love their hand made qualities. Who wouldn't think a couple of owl salt & pepper shakers weren't just adorable, right? They've been in the buffet in every house I've lived in, which is saying something. I think I'm up to something like twenty-five homes so far. We've been in our current apartment for going on four years, it must be time to move, LOL!!! Oh, I should mention, I just turned forty-five.

Anyway, I thought I'd share this little painting that just makes me happy to look at. Now, if somehow these get lost in the next packing box, I'll always have the painting to remember. Thinning the herd is good for you but I have to admit, keeping your personal history alive through a few mementos is also a good thing. 

Best,

I'm reading: Who, Who!!Tweet this Post

0 Comments / Click to Comment:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I've sure missed hearing from you!

Amazon

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^ Scroll to Top