Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Book Review: "Second Helpings At The Serve You Right Cafe" by Tilia Klebenov Jacobs

Ok, let me start by saying that I absolutely LOVED "Second Helpings At The Serve You Right Cafe" by Tilia Klebenov Jacobs. Although it is a mystery, the atmosphere of the book is just so welcoming that it made me wish I lived in their neighborhood. I loved the feeling I got as the writer formed a picture in my mind of what the Serve You Right cafe looked and felt like. Jacobs' writing is so smooth that I found myself wishing I could walk into the cafe and order a comforting hazelnut mocha coffee. 

The novel centers around Serve You Right Cafe and the two main characters, Emet and Eden Rose, who run the joint. Emet is a
reformed ex-con who just wants to live a simple life. When he asks Mercey, a lovely but burdened lady out for dinner his simple life becomes much more complicated. Eden Rose, Emet's boss and owner of the cafe tries to help Emet because she has had her own troubles in the past. She encourages Emet to give his new relationship a chance even though Emet is sure Mercey will not forgive or understand his murky past. What Emet doesn't know is that Mercey has secrets of her own and those secrets might blow all chances for a relationship apart.

As I said above, I loved this short read. "Second Helpings At The Serve You Right Cafe" is ilia Klebenov Jacobs second novel and I certainly hope she writes many more. I love that it's short enough to read in one day but the characters and situations are well fleshed out, leaving no gaps in the wonderful story. This book is easily a five out of five star read and perfect for the upcoming summer. If you have a cozy little cafe somewhere in your town, grab this book and go order yourself a good cuppa and a treat, you deserve a lovely little break and this book certainly won't disappoint.
Best,

I'm reading: Book Review: "Second Helpings At The Serve You Right Cafe" by Tilia Klebenov JacobsTweet this Post

0 Comments / Click to Comment:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I've sure missed hearing from you!

Amazon

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^ Scroll to Top