Sunday, March 22, 2015

Book Review: "The Stranger" By Harlan Coben

I love that I get to review Harlan Coben books, he's one of my very favorite authors because his books never fail to grip me on the very first page. "The Stranger" was no different.

We start out meeting our main character, Adam Price. Adam is a family man. He has two boys and a loving wife. They live in an idyllic town with an idyllic life. As his friend says, "We're living the dream". 

On an average day, a stranger approaches Adam and tells him a secret. That secret shatters Adam's life. That's what the stranger does. He whispers in your ear a piece of information. You're unsure where it or he came from or who this stranger is. He disappears, leaving you to pick up the shattered pieces of your life.

That's where our mystery starts for Adam Price. Is the secret true and if so, what are the ramifications for his family? Adam decides to get to the bottom of who the stranger is and why he decided to drop this bomb into Adam's life. Just the act of searching for answers gets Adam into a whole world of trouble where accusations of theft, conspiracy and murder lurk. To get out unscathed may be impossible.

I always love how Harlan Coben throws you into the deep end right away. His mysteries suck you into the story quickly so your interest is piqued and you want to continue to read. I found myself trying to right away, suss out who this stranger could be and what his game plan was. Of course this kept me furiously reading. It was interesting how, without confusing the reader, Coben kept pulling in new details from new sources but it all still kept you guessing, how, why...who? I was so rooting for our hero, Adam Price. I wanted his life to come back together again and not be ruined. 

I love it when an author gets me to care so much about the characters. Although in the end, the mystery was a tiny bit convoluted, with so many pieces to fit together. But I really enjoyed the read and would certainly highly recommend this book as a four out of five. It would certainly make a great Spring read. Harlan Coben never fails to please and this mystery is no exception. I didn't see the ending coming and I was kept furiously reading well into the night just to get to the last page. 

Best,

I'm reading: Book Review: "The Stranger" By Harlan CobenTweet this Post

0 Comments / Click to Comment:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I've sure missed hearing from you!

Amazon

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^ Scroll to Top