Thursday, January 29, 2015

Book Review: "Sparrow 59" by Devon Ashley

"Sparrow 59" by Devon Ashley was a terrific book and since it finished on a cliffhanger of sorts, I'm looking forward to the sequel. Lucky for you, you can buy it right now as the publication date passed just a month ago. It's got great ratings, all in the fours and fives and I'll be adding my own 5 of 5 rating to that spectacular success. Let me tell you about this really fun book.

"The Bourne Identity meets Mr. and Mrs. Smith" has been used to describe this thriller and I'd have to heartily agree. What more would you want? Spies, cool tech stuff, amazing CIA training, chases across the world, great banter between characters and possibly a tragic love story all rolled into one! Yep, it's a rip roaring thrill ride that's perfect for a boring and cold February evening.

Samantha and Drew have been partners since they were recruited by the CIA out of Langley. Now, they are doing  undercover work is as a married couple who are part of "SPARROW", a specialty CIA team of operatives investigating and recovering stolen medical research. After a successful op everyone involved in SPARROW is dead except Sam and Drew. Sam was found unconscious at the scene and Drew is missing.

The CIA think Drew is involved in the massacre so they are watching Sam, the other member of team 5-9. When a beacon that only Sam can see is activated, indicating that Drew is alive and needs her help, she must decide to become a fugitive herself or leave Drew out in the cold to fend for himself. So starts a gripping, suspense-filled mystery/thriller that you'll have trouble putting down.

I loved this book. It is a rare thing to find a writer that both writes good characters who feel and have flaws and also be able to inject good, fast paced scenarios that keeps the reader engaged and not bored. I found myself really enjoying getting to know Sam, the main character in this, the first book in the series "The Sleeper's Coalition". I liked how human she was and how well the author fleshed out her personality. "Sparrow 59" was an easy read and so well worth the lost sleep I suffered as I read well into the night to finish this thriller. I warn you, all answers will NOT found at the end of this book but your curiosity will be so piqued that you'll be sending pleading emails to Ms. Ashley to write the next book quickly. This is a five out of five for me because it was such fun to read with no effort needed to enjoy it.

Best,

I'm reading: Book Review: "Sparrow 59" by Devon AshleyTweet this Post

0 Comments / Click to Comment:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I've sure missed hearing from you!

Amazon

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^ Scroll to Top