Wednesday, December 3, 2014

My Last Page

I can't believe I've finished my Moleskine sketchbook. It's a real milestone for me. I had only done about a dozen or so pages in my Watercolor Moleskine in 2012 and 2013. Then I signed up for Sketchbook Skool earlier this year. In doing two courses with them ("Beginnings" and "Seeing"), each course being six weeks, I have filled the entire rest of the Moleskine. The whole book has over seventy pages. So, it took me only twelve or so weeks to fill over fifty pages. Amazing.


It's been quite a journey in three years. I've learned so much and grown in my art. I love how my paintings are getting looser and I'm not afraid anymore to start any piece. I just jump in with no fear that I'll mess it up or not be able to create what I want to create. I've learned so much about how watercolor paint works and how the water moves the paint around. I've learned how to successfully use water-soluble pens too. It's been so much fun, I can hardly explain how great the learning has been.

I would SO recommend Sketchbook Skool for anyone who wants to learn great techniques and see incredible art from your teachers. You'll also have a terrific group of people to grow and learn with. All of us interact in a private group on Facebook, it's like playing on the playground when you were in grade school. Having fun, learning and sharing is the best way to grow. I couldn't recommend it more.

If you'd like to see my progression in art, go to my Flickr account.
Best,


If you're looking for this week's APR just click here. I'm reading: My Last PageTweet this Post

1 comment:

Please leave me a comment, I've sure missed hearing from you!

Amazon

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^ Scroll to Top