Thursday, October 30, 2014

Doing Selfies Makes Me Feel Vain!

Me at forty-three
I have to admit, I'm kinda glad that "selfies week" with Koosje Koene (Sketchbook Skool) is coming to an end tonight. I haven't done the full seven selfies that I was supposed to do, but I've done enough to officially say I will continue to do portraits of other people so I can improve my skills.

My final selfie is an oldie but a goodie. I was born very, VERY premature, at six months two-weeks. I was only a little over two pounds and then proceeded to lose weight. No one thought I'd make it through the night but my mom sat by my incubator and flicked my foot to remind me to breath. I kept breathing and a little over two months later I got to go home. Funny enough, because my mom was a nurse in the hospital that she had me in, I was a totally spoiled baby. The second I was allowed out of the incubator, it is said, I was never put down, lol. The nurses carried me around with them so I never cried. When mom got me home she said I was the most spoiled baby she'd ever seen! I cried every time she put me down. Thank god sometimes I slept, like I was doing here. Sorry mom! Beside me is a newly sharpened pencil, used to show just how darn small I was. 

Me at two and a half months
See you next week, I can't wait to see what I'll be drawing!
Best,




If you're looking for this week's APR just click here.
I'm reading: Doing Selfies Makes Me Feel Vain!Tweet this Post

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are wonderful Jenn. Portraits are so hard! Really great work! Neat story, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these are great selfies. Are you still spoiled? Tee hee. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I've sure missed hearing from you!

Amazon

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^ Scroll to Top