Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Tools Of The Trade

I'm having a whole lot of fun drawing up all my pens and paint supplies. I got the idea  to draw all my new pens from Tommy Kane and Jane Blundell. In fact, I'll probably repeat this process and do something a little more like Tommy's "Weapons of Choice" drawings. I love that he wrote stuff about the pens but I ran out of room when doing this drawing, lol. I do love how it came out though. I can see me doing drawing after drawing of my art supplies. Hey, I love buying them, I should at least get some great subjects to draw too!

I must admit, I don't yet own the Whiskey Painter's Palette, I just used the stock photo of it to add it to this drawing. As you can see I haven't even painted it up. I'll wait until I pick the watercolor paints I decide to use in it before I complete this page. This palette is so far the only thing on my Christmas list so I'm hopeful everyone around me will get the HINT. :o) I can't believe how fast my watercolors are running out so I guess I'm also going to have to add Daniel Smith Watercolors to that list... the palette will hold as many as twenty-four colors if you also use the center channel for half pans of paint. I'm probably going to go in that direction because I don't think I'd use the center channel for anything like brushes anyway. I have a pencil case for all that stuff so the channel might as well be filled with another eight half pans of paint!

(Click to Enlarge)
Anyway, I'm sure I'll be back soon with more art. There's always a list of stuff I want to try and get into my Moleskine. I think I could draw twenty-four seven and still not have enough time to get it all in. I think that's probably a good thing!

Later alligator!
Best,




If you're looking for this week's APR just click here.
I'm reading: The Tools Of The TradeTweet this Post

0 Comments / Click to Comment:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I've sure missed hearing from you!

Amazon

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^ Scroll to Top