Thursday, July 31, 2014

Coffee Anyone?

I have a new mug. I know this doesn't sound unusual for most of you. But in our house it's unusual to get "special" cups. I cherish all the unique or unusual mugs we have, the very few we have, lol. Mostly, I've been raised in a house where things match. Usually I'm ok with that as it does seriously keep the house decluttered and since we live in a small apartment, it works out well. But this time I WANTED the mug. I totally yearned to have this coffee cup for my very own. Not only did I not care that it wouldn't match anything but I actually liked that feature of my new coveted mug. 

(Click to Enlarge)
I'm guessing you're wondering why I wanted this mug at all. Well, that's easy, for the first time in my life I'm a fan of something. :o) I don't usually believe in being all gaga about anything. But now I feel all mushy about Sketchbook Skool and I want to show off my love for all things SBS. It's changing my artwork so much I can hardly believe the transitions. The new skills that are developing are coming so quickly I can hardly keep up, lol. I have to admit, I'm loving the journey and the $99 price was SO TOTALLY worth it. When it arrived (don't ask me why I didn't think of this before, I blame low blood sugar, lol) I realized it would be a spectacular pen holder so then it gets to sit on my desk and hold my most precious pens and water-brushes. YAY! (Thanks Mom for letting me photograph your hand, and those nails ROCK!)

(Click to Enlarge)
So now that I have a puuurty cup to hold all my goto supplies, I got all inspired last night and did another little entry into my Moleskine. The one place I've always wanted to visit (geez, I'd live there if I could!) is Hawaii. I would love to soak up the rays on a beach on the island of Oahu. It's my dream vacation spot so I memorialized my wishes on a page.

So now I think I'll go make myself a coffee not in my new mug (because it's full of pens) and go dream about Mai Tai cocktails with little umbrellas, on a sandy beach with the perfect temperature. *Sigh* Does anyone have a couple.. ten thousand extra dollars, penchant for an extended holiday and a valid passport?? If so, can I stow away in your suitcase? Plllleeeeaaaaassseeeeee!?!??

Talk later... gotta go get that coffee. :o)

Best,




If you're looking for this week's APR just click here.
I'm reading: Coffee Anyone?Tweet this Post

2 comments:

  1. Wow.The mug looks good and your sketch fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there Jenn,
    Long time no see as they say but I'm so happy to finally get the chance to pop by and see your fantastic artwork ;D
    What a mug (sorry that sounds a little rude) and wow those nails!
    I seriously think I could have a wee stay in Hawaii too.
    I've been hearing and seeing a lot about the Sketchbook Skool but when I went into your link to check it out the semester started in early July, so I'll have to wait for the next one.
    Have a wonderful weekend...say 'Hi' to your Mum and Muffy sends her love ^..^
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I've sure missed hearing from you!

Amazon

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^ Scroll to Top